As an all-volunteer organization, every member is instrumental in assisting our gallery to be a vital and vibrant venue for the arts, not only in Twentynine Palms, but for the entire Morongo Basin. The 29 Palms Art Gallery is the soul of the organization and our gift shop is the primary mechanism that helps sustain the gallery. We could not maintain either without volunteers. They are the face of the gallery and the lifeblood that keeps it working and growing.
We have unlimited volunteer opportunities at the 29 Palms Art Gallery and encourage everyone who is interested to consider where you might share your unique talents. Our first priority and most important volunteer positions, however, are the gallery docents and gift shop attendants. Without our attendants and docents, the gallery and the gift shop would be closed and if we are closed, we are unable to fulfill our mission or commitment to our community. For this reason, we need you!
In addition to gallery docents and gift shop attendants, there are many ways you can be involved at 29 Palms Art Gallery. Review this brief list to see where your talents may fit in, then CONTACT US to join the all-volunteer team.
- Numbers Ninja (bookkeeping in Quickbooks)
- Copy Cruncher (writing & review of text content for press releases, newsletters, etc)
- Worker Bee (help with set-up & tear down for monthly exhibition receptions & special events)
- Green Thumb (gardening/landscape maintenance)
- Party Planner (planning & coordination of special events)
- Organizer (administrative functions i.e. filing, printing, envelope stuffing, mail sort, etc)
- Calendar Coordinator (maintain the docent calendar, contact members to fill openings)
- Art Arranger (Head Curator, important job, lots of details)
- Art Arranger Assistant (helps Head Curator)
- Chief of Operations (operations & maintenance)